• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help on first OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dejavoo81

Registered
oc suggestions for a system that lacks hope.

I have a sony pcv r553ds. It was a gift so I didnt' have a choice. It has:

-oem ASUS EUROPA 3(atx-167)

-256 ram

-p3 650 w/ golden orb

-award bios 7(very limited)

-150 watt power supply

I would like to over clock it to get as much out of it as possib;le though I know it'll be hard considering my hardware. I don't want to change my hardware yet. I just wanna see what I can do with the exsisting system. I have the proper fans though. I would like to turn up the voltz(should I get another power supply) and turn up the fsb. Anyone can help me on this one?

Unfortunately, it's too much trouble to try to OC proprietary machines most of the time. As you've already discovered, the BIOS gives you very little choice. It's the Sony way--or nothin'.

If you do figure out how to raise the FSB, I suggest replacing the GORB first. They are simply not good HSF's. From what I read, more than a few Europeans have been bamboozled into thinking that GORB's are high performance HSF's. They're not, end of story.

It's probably best to live with the Sony as it is. Constructing a new home-made PC on paper is a wonderful task. I think that's the best course of action. It's fun! Only for geeks, of course.

Back