• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please He;p :) with: G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 16GB 4 x 4GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PFC.Whitehurst

Disabled
Okay put this ram in my computer, and tried to play GTA IV and kept getting blue screened within a minute of playing. Also tried in BF3 couldnt even get orgin open. tried with two sticks and played for only 2 hours before blue screen.

this ram is rated for 1.25 volts and in bios or by AMD Overdrive wont let me put ram voltage below 1.6 Volts. Specs are Below,

GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3

AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE (STOCK)

4 x 4 GB G-SKILL SNIPER LOW VOLTAGE SERIES (16GB)

EVGA GTX 560 TI 1GB (STOCK)

ALSO WORKS FINE WITH MY OLD RAM WITCH WAS 2 x 2GB A-DATA 1600 Ram

I tried to do some homework on this problem and messed with bios settings however i just cant figure out the problem on my own, so any help would be greatly appreciated.+

Dear Sir
As long as the system is stabilized and the dram voltage is below 1.65v, it should be fine. Are you running two 4Gx2 kits? Do you get the BSOD with dram voltage 1.6V and only 2 sticks installed?

Last edited:
... called CPU NB VID Control in the GA-880GM-USB3 BIOS, which like txus suggested controls the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) voltage. You may also need to bump the NB / chipset voltage, called NorthBridge Volt Control in your BIOS.

Back