• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RD-RAM and 1.6A overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But also rd-ram is has became cheaper. The difference is not much. And rd-ram is giving better performance.

If you do some price comparisons through the internet, you will find that RDRAM is in some cases cheaper than DDR RAM. Also, I encourage you to read the latest article at Tom's hardware and recognize that RDRAM scales very well with increasing CPU core frequency.

Facinating or not, it does appear to provide good market segmentation. The i845/DDR systems as the low end systems, and the i850/RDRAM for the upper end systems.

Toast

Toast. you are right rd ram will give the bandwidth the P4 will need at higher speeds. I've read Tom's article and I was about to buy rd-ram sytem but will it be oc to oc with 800 MHZ RD-RAM. I want to get my P4 1.6 a to 133 or 140 fsb. Can I do this with rd-ram sytem?

Hey Nucro,

Although I do not know the statistics of how many 1.6A P4's can reach 2.1 with minimal or no boost in core voltage, I have chosen the more aggresive route of building a 1.8A system with the intent of driving it to 2.4. Based on my research, I have chosen the ASUS P4T-E and the newer Samsung RIMMS. Yes, like your self, I hope to push the FSB to 133 and run the memory at 1066.

I should have some results within a week, and will share them with the forum.

Toast

Back