• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED new ram for crosshair iv formula + phenom II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MeteoricSnax

Registered
as the title says i am looking for some new ram. i have these criteria:

- it has to be 8 gigs (future proof ;)
- low profile, because i have a noctua dh14 cooler (its big *** hell!)
- it would be nice if it was over 1600Mhz (not necessary, but if they are it means more OC to me :D)
- it has to be 2 modules.
(if they are red or black i would be happy)

wow that was a lot of demands. i have been looking at some g-skill sniper:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=385

if those are terrible, can anyone recommend any that would fit my needs?
(btw, thanks in advance ;)

Samsung! The ones at the front page.
They OC like a baus!
I beg to differ. The set I have can't go over 1333. :(

G.Skill and ASUS have been working good so I would keep with that but the timings on the ones you chose are horrible. Something like these would be a better option. Going over 1600 with an AMD system is going to yield very little unless you bench and getting the stable overclock with it is sometimes difficult.

they look awesome, but they seem to be unavailable in denmark :bang head

any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Oh, didn't see you were over there...I'm sorry but I don't know the shops over there but look for something similar to those and you should be all set.

Few days ago I was on here asking the same exact question.

My answer was:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231431

*knock on wood*
A bit pricey but great CAS and timings.
Defiantly notice a difference in speed my whole system has improved using 1600,low CAS, and low timings.
(Before I had 4x 2gb 1333 with 9-9-9-24)

Edit:
So Far I like it but I'm trying to figure out if its worth it to buy a second Kit and get 16 GB or not I dont know if ill use more then 8 even if I multi-box MMO's and play FPS like eve,BF3,Crysis 2,exc....

Last edited:
Back