• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest Front Side Bus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el nica

Registered
Im new to Intel P4 ordeal, I have been building amd's for awhile and now im putting together a p4 system. I have been reading in most of p4 board that they might be a limit increasing to front side bus maybe up to 112fsb, some of the review I have seen are for SIS 645 chipset, somehow they cannot reach 120, 125, 133etc. Is this a limit of the cpu? or a limit to the 645chipset. Is anyboady out there running a p4 with well over 100 fsb speed? If you are, please let me know what type of board you are using.

Thanks in advanceQ:)

Well first of all make sure you go Northwood otherwise many seems to get stuck at ~112 anyway Im running 150 fsb at the moment and its only the memory limiting me from even higher it seems.

Actually 157 worked out nicely too but I didnt want to be picky hehe.. Im using a msi 845 ultra-aru what I would like to see higher is vcore choices the top setting I can choose from is 1,65 otherwise everything is great, but the sis chipsets are suppose to do fine too.

poobah

can u please tell me what kind of ram u are using? im using muskin 2100 and i only can get 146mhz.

Kingston 266 memory didnt think they would go that high but I have two 256 sticks and they both do 150+

i've seem to think (from what i see & read) you cant almost
EXPECT a 133 fsb those suckers are mean.. :D i sold a buch of 2.0a p4s to a few guys on these forums, one is getting his processor today and the other IS at 133fsb :cool:

Back