• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg not too shabby

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
I was in need of a 3.5 to 5.25 bay adapter and picked this up from the egg yesterday. Today it was at my front door.

Shipped from the warehouse in NJ. Not too shabby :thup:

i've been down on newegg lately, shipments have been taking a full week for me to TX

i've been down on newegg lately, shipments have been taking a full week for me to TX

Wierd, I just bought a Windows 7 Home retail today ( this morning). It is already shipped and I already have the tracking#.
Granted it hasn't left Memthis yet.
I figured it was time to make the leap from XP.

I get the same service Neb from the NJ warehouse. Ordered a Sapphire 6850 midday yesterday, it shipped within a couple hours and tracking has it being delivered today. In fact, the last 4 or 5 orders I have made from Newegg have shown up next day, including a case which I ordered with free shipping!

Amazon free shipping takes over a week on the other hand, so now I shy away from there.

Just be aware of Eggsaver shipping.
Ordered (2ea) 2gig GSkill PC1066 cards on the 7th of this month and still awaiting delivery.
UPS handed the shipping over to USPS via UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF in Atlanta and since then the delivery speed went to a crawl.
Est. delivery date is now 15 Jan, 2012.
If it would have stayed with UPS the memory would most likely be in my PC now.
Well, it was free shipping so no complaints.

Just be aware of Eggsaver shipping.
Ordered (2ea) 2gig GSkill PC1066 cards on the 7th of this month and still awaiting delivery.
UPS handed the shipping over to USPS via UPS Mail Innovations Origin RPF in Atlanta and since then the delivery speed went to a crawl.
Est. delivery date is now 15 Jan, 2012.
If it would have stayed with UPS the memory would most likely be in my PC now.
Well, it was free shipping so no complaints.

Update,

Got the memory today after all via USPS. Not too shabby concerning it was free shipping.
It was actually surprising.

Ordered a 6 fan controler on the 17th, recieved it today.
It was 3day shipping but it arrived 1 day early.
Now my system don't sound like a small vacumm cleaner.
Awesome product and speedy shipping.

I have been down on Newegg for sending me clearly used components when new was ordered, sending me the wrong item from what was ordered, dropping the price on an item I ordered the next day or two (a lot of businesses will give you the difference or a credit), paying shipping back to them when it is THEIR mistake (PERIOD!), and shoddy packaging especially from the *NJ warehouse. Where is the spectacular Newegg.com of days-gone-bye? I guess they are too big and too spread out with warehousing about the country.

*No offense meant to any person(s) from New Jersey.

I have been down on Newegg for sending me clearly used components when new was ordered, sending me the wrong item from what was ordered, dropping the price on an item I ordered the next day or two (a lot of businesses will give you the difference or a credit), paying shipping back to them when it is THEIR mistake (PERIOD!), and shoddy packaging especially from the *NJ warehouse. Where is the spectacular Newegg.com of days-gone-bye? I guess they are too big and too spread out with warehousing about the country.

*No offense meant to any person(s) from New Jersey.

I haven't had any of those problems and have gotten all my things from the NJ warehouse. About the only shoddy packaging I could mention was when they shipped my PSU, they put it in a box that was just big enough to fit the PSU box into with only a single sheet of paper wrapped around it which provided no protection at all. But, the PSU box itself had polystyrene and all, so there were still no problems.

Unfortunately, I have gotten packages containing RAM, CPUs and HDDs in the same package with some brown paper thrown in to make it seem like an attempt was made at sound packaging. Meanwhile, these parts were tossing about like debris in a tornado. This has happened a few times and I have emailed Newegg about it. I have read similiar comments about the web over the past few months.
It is probably employee related and a few times I my orders have drawn the short straw and ended up with that person packing it. Still, it shouldn't happen. When my orders come from California, they are well packaged.

Ordered two HDMI cables and a receiver on Monday morning and got it on Wednesday. From TN to TX shipping usually isn't that fast, but I'm still happy with them. Won't be changing retailers any time soon.

Back