• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcenter: Nightmare and sweet dreams

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

Ok, well I bashed Microcenter about a month ago because I read a story on these forums by another member about how his local Texas Microcenter price-matched Neweggs price of $279.99 on the Intel i7-2600k. When I went to my local Microcenter they refused to do the same, and I posted my dissatisfaction in these forums within the thread the other member created giving praise to Microcenter.

Now its time to give credit where credit is due. I tried to exchange a recently purchased i5-2500k to Microcenter for the same CPU, yet they were out of stock. I thought I was up the creek without a paddle! I didnt have the money to buy the i7-2600k because my checking account is overdrawn. Anyway, I knew that I could charge my bank credit card, but that I would incur an overdraft fee...so I asked the representative to talk to the manager about discounting the i7-2600k to cover the overdraft fees I'd incur. I wasn't expecting the manager to agree to this, but surprisingly he/she did! I was told for the inconvenience of driving a total of 2 hours to the store and back home, and Microcenter not having the i5-2500k in stock, that the manager was willing to approve the i7-2600k at an outstanding price of @244.99!!!

I felt I owed it to Microcenter, and to you guys to express not only my negative experiences with a vendor, but also my positive experiences,too. This was great customer service IMO, and will lead to me making more purchases from them(as if I don't spend half my paycheck there as it is...lol)

Anyway...the nightmare experience I had with the price-matching issue a month ago has been countered by superior customer service tonight...and the good definitely outweighs the bad!

Last edited:
I worked at Microcenter for about 9 months during college. Most managers will bend over backwards to make customers happy. Just don't act like a ****. If you make a scene or act like an a$$hole they will treat you in such a manner.

Nice deal though.

I love me some Microcenter CPU deals! Just got the $179 2500K last week!!! I generally don't buy my "everyday" things there, but you can bet if I ever need a 2500K, 2600K, 960, or CPU+MoBo combo, I'll check there first. Tax can be a bummer, but their CPU deals more than account for silly tax :)

:cool:

I have to give them credit as well. I returned an Acer monitor because Frys had the next size up for the same price and that's what I told them. Well the sales clerk pointed to the 20% restocking fee for returns on electronic equipment that isnt faulty sign on the wall but waived it anyway. Pretty cool. To bad they wouldnt price match because they would have kept my business.

I love me some Microcenter CPU deals! Just got the $179 2500K last week!!! I generally don't buy my "everyday" things there, but you can bet if I ever need a 2500K, 2600K, 960, or CPU+MoBo combo, I'll check there first. Tax can be a bummer, but their CPU deals more than account for silly tax :)

:cool:

I just picked up my i5 2500k this week also. I was expecting to pay at least $230 everywhere for this CPU until I saw a forum post stating MC is selling it for $179.99 to say the least i shot over to MC with the quickness haha.

They now have the i7 2600k for $230 with a FaceBook offer. I'm very tempted to trade up.

Back