• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to safely package a CPU for transit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikeyw

Hi

I just sold a CPU but I don't have the original plastic casing and I want to make sure it arrives in good condition. I have a strong cardboard box and plenty of bubble wrap but I wonder if there are any suggestions for what to put the CPU itself in?

Putting it directly on the bubble wrap seems a little risky (a) in case it is moved during transit to the edge of the box or (b) in case the guy unpacking rips it open and the CPU falls on the floor.

What do you guys do?

Cheers
Mike

ive recieved cpu's in many packing types lol some just in a static bag and wrapped in bubble wrap and some in bubblewrap in a tin in more bubble wrap lol pretymuch anything is fine for a cpu also got them in static bag and bubble wrap envelopes

I've always used shipping peanuts and bubble wrap. The bubble wrap will protect the machine in case it gets dropped or kicked around during transit. And the styrofome peanuts will help keep it from shifting during transit.

I would imagine you could use some crumbled up newspaper to also prevent it from shifting during transit.

Back