• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tiger direct, never again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
yesterday i needed a minor piece for my computer, so i went over to tiger direct a three hour drive. While in the store i saw a sweet deal on a power supply, I needed a better one for my new fx8120 so i grabbed it. at check out i found it was a returned unit so i asked all the right questions, was it checked out to be sure it works after return, he said 'yes sir we test all returns. i asked if they checked to be sure all pieces were in the box when returned, he said 'yes we require all pieces to be returned and we check them'. i asked about returninig it if there was a problem with it when i get it installed, he said' just bring it back with all pieces and your receipt and there will be no problem'. I get it home and because it was tested and checked for all the parts I started to install it, found i was missing 2 cables, this was the stores first lie. I found that i had 2 of the cables in my junk pile so i used them, i finished my install and went to power it up, no whirring, spinning sounds and no dancing lights just an acrid stench. the stores second lie. so i got out my psu tester and plugged in the cable and turned it on, only the 5 volt circut was live . so i called over to the store and was told that discounted things were sold only 'as is' but they had more on the shelf. this was the stores third lie, I will NEVER EVER buy at tiger again.

FWIW, virtually all retailers will restock returns with very little or no inspection. I'll never buy any electronics where the original packaging has signs of being opened.

I'll be buying from tiger direct

called the georgia store, talked to the store manager, on a sunday no less.
he said to bring the lump over and he would exchange or refund it.
got there and the manager was on the floor, on a sunday, mind you.
talked for a moment, found another part on the clearence shelf, tested it and it was good, tested the one i had bought and it was bad, they gave me the good one and a have a nice day. I will be buying my stuff there. I did not know that they will test and check everything, new, used or even clearence before you check out.
I am a happy customer now......

Self-contradiction at its finest...

I think it's more just a rush to judgement... although I can see being upset and posting the bad experience for people to be warned about. Although I must say I respect him for coming back and posting the rest of the story and admitting he is able to change his mind when the situation warrants it.

Good job, OP.

Back