• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In The Market For A Used / New CPU & Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c0nfused2

Registered
Hey everyone I am currently in the market for a new or used motherboard and cpu, I am a struggling college student right now and my old motherboard and cpu just are not cutting it for me. I dont have too much cash to spend so the reasoning why more used than new. I do CG stuff such as 3d Modeling and Renderings I need something thats sufficient. Any ideas on what I should look at or where to go for some decent deals on used or new cpu/mobos? Or if anyone is looking to upgrade and getting rid of old components.

Thanks a lot

Yea I tried to OC it, wasnt stable, its only an amd athlon x2 4800 and the motherboard isnt all that great as you can see from the picture below..

f8knt.jpg

i would say maybe something between 150 or 200 or so.. if that would be a decent ball park..? thanks

Last edited:
yea i have been looking for a 1055T 6core used on ebay or somewhere local to me but havent really found anything as of yet, mostly sell for the same price as new egg

yea i have been looking for a 1055T 6core used on ebay or somewhere local to me but havent really found anything as of yet, mostly sell for the same price as new egg
Make sure you check my edit.

I have loved my Thuban. Can't go wrong with it IMO, especially for the price.

thanks for the info on the memory Black, will keep that in mind and the mobo for sure, i was looking for a type of combo deal for the phenom 2 6 core and a mobo actually

Back