• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TUSL2-C boot beeps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Trying to OC my Cel 1.2, I sometimes get a series of 'hi-lo' tones; the best comparison I can make is that it sounds like those British-style police sirens.

What exactly does this mean? Overheat? Too high speed for RAM? Something else that I can actually do something about? Or is it just a general CPU failure at that speed. It may be the last since on the reset in the BIOS it says to check your CPU speed, but I would like to hear from other owners of this board.

According to the TUSL2-C manual, high frequency tones mean CPU is overheating; I'm not sure if this is the tone type you meant though.

that's damn annoying....
I don't think it's due to the cpu, as it's happened before to me when I first installed it. I think it's either the ram, video card, cpu or all 3....

While trying trying to overclock I've noticed the the TUSL-2C will beep like that after several seconds if it does not make it to post screen

Then you must power down and go back into bios and adjust settings

deez said:
While trying trying to overclock I've noticed the the TUSL-2C will beep like that after several seconds if it does not make it to post screen

Then you must power down and go back into bios and adjust settings

Happens to me to and it's very annoying. Can this be avoided by using non-JumperFree mode? I'm trying to OC my new Celeron 1.0A to 1.33GHz.

TRY THIS, once you've made sure that your cooling solution is efficient enough:

1) set your cpu at default speed and voltage in the bios (1200 and 1.475)

2) reboot and immediately...
3) ... go into bios again and raise voltage to 1.675, then ...
4) ... reboot and press F8 to get the boot menu. Press...
5) ... CTRL+ALT+SUPP ==> go into bios again and this time change FSB from 100 to 133
6) reboot and see whether you get a nice cely @ 1.6 or not..

That's all i did to get mine at this speed!

NB: if this also works for you, you'll have to do this every time you "coldboot" your system, because the TUSL2-C motherboard always applies 1.475 voltage at first, then switches to the desired voltage after it's properly identified all IDE devices... The only way to bypass all this is to try the wire trick, but I've been too chicken to try it so far (me sooo clumsy....!)

cheers,

demma

Well I think I know what the problem is, do you have your VIO set to 3.4v on the jumper? Try it at 3.3v and tell me if it still happens.

If that cures it go into your power moniter and switch the VIO to Ignore then set it back to 3.4v =)

Cheers!

Back