• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rooster

First board ive had that lets me change that . How high is to high? 2.5 default,2.6,2.7 are the choices. or should i just leave it alone?

Depends on how you take your FSB to decide if you need to change that or not. If you begin to determine instabilities when running high bus speeds, you can try raising DIMM voltage...does work sometimes.

2.7V would hardly be dangerous though. I've got as much as 3.20V going through some memory at times. Just make sure you have good airflow as heat's the real danger to memory.

IMO I wouldn't reccomend going over 2.8V unless you have active cooling and Crucial memory.

Crucial is one of a few brands of memory which really benfits from higher voltage, however I would cool it if you go over 3V.
I've positioned a Delta blowing through the memory with
cable ties.

Remember a basic rule, Heat Kills, not voltage!

Good Luck

P.S. With Crucial actively cooled and 3.2V 80% of people manage over 165FSB @ Cas2. I can do 170FSB Cas 2 (all other timings at their best:eek: ) with 3:eek: :eek: sticks of memory!

As long as you have some air moving to the ram, then anything to 3.2v is good trust me.

I have an air fan duct over the CPU fan and ram, and I run the memory at 3.12..

Back