• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE6 - How big a cpu ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmraf

Hi - Hope someone can help me with a question.

I`ve got this old Abit BE6 mobo, but Im a bit confused about how big a cpu it can take.

As far as I know the Slot 1 P3 was originally made up to 600 mHz (100mHz fsb) , but I`ve seen that its possible to get a 1266 mHz slot 1 (100mHz fsb)...can someone verify this ?. (and can my BE6 run with it ?)

Anyone knows if theres a bios for the BE6 that supports 133 mHz fsp P3`s ?

I would be glad if u guys could tell me how big a P3 u have ran in your BE6 (hehe when u had` em).

Tnx

Bmraf

Welcome to the forum Bmraf :D uh, i don't own be6, but i have many boards that is very similar to it. according to my brain;) you can run any chip on it as long as you have the proper equiment (for socket 370 of processors, you got to have a slocket for it. for tualatin kind, you have to but a speical slotet from powerleap). ur board does support 133fsb (i think highest fsb is like 150fsb), so there is no problem for u to drop one in your board. however, one thing u must watch out, the multipilier of the processor. i don't know what's highest multipilier a be6 can handle, be sure to check it our from your manu, otherwise, u are fine.

uh..i think be6 has multiliper up to 8x, but sometimes your board will run even the multiliper is not supported.

There were several versions of the BE6 mb eg BE6, BE6IIver1.0,
BE6IIver1.2, BE6IIver2.0 . The Abit website has all the info
you are looking for, in their arcihves. At the very least you will
need the latest BIOS update
Abit website

I have 2 BE6II mb's 1@1100 ,1 @1220 The only Problem I have found with them is that they need a strong pwr supply. eg 350w
or better because they come out of reset too fast on powerup often before the pwr supply is stable

Good Luck......

the BE-6 will support all Intel CPUs that run on a 66 or 100mhz bus. It does NOT suport the 133 mhz bus ones and Tualatin CPUS(unless you have an adapter).

William said:
the BE-6 will support all Intel CPUs that run on a 66 or 100mhz bus. It does NOT suport the 133 mhz bus ones and Tualatin CPUS(unless you have an adapter).

?_? WONT' SUPPORT A 133fsb chip? u mean if i drop a 800eb in a be6, it won't run? are you joking? i know officically a BX chipset does not support 133, but for really, have you seen any be6 that won't do 133? (running a "b" in a be6 does not count, that'z chip's problem, not BOARD'S).

can make it run on 133FSB if you set it to 133FSB in the bios. Set the multiplier and the FSB of the socket of slot chip and your good to go. All Tualatin CPU are not supported because of the power difference.

great mobo !

i'm running a celeron 800@1120 (FSB 140) on it

without overvolting (1,7v default)

so i think a bigger CPU (like a p3 1000 or above)

will run pretty stable ;)

I had a BE6 II rev. 1.2 and that broke lost the connection to the primary and secondary EIDE and I am using the HighPoint contollers w/ cdrom. Got a BX133 Raid as a replacement since they are basicly the same mobo. Great mobo, by far the best in the BX class.

Highest multiplier is 12 with latest TH -bios, 133 fsb is no broblem if Your video card can handle 89MHz AGP speed. All Coppers will do fine, but no Tualet...:D

Max CPUs: P3 1000MHz with 100 or 133 fsb (SL4KL or SL4BS, latest C-step)

Celeron 800MHz with 66 fsb

Abit officially supported: P3 850/100

Celeron 700/66

Last edited:
if you want more you can get a upgrade from powerleap and the end of the road for the BX class motherboards.

NeoJapKid said:
Yes BE6 is an older model but just as good and stable.

agree, i also love its counter board SOYO 6BA+III, IV and 100. those are just as sweet as BE6 series with less volt adjustment.

Back