• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to maximize GPU usage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raident30

my rig is in my sig, im just asking on how to maximize my GPU's usage. my gpu's usage is only 65% max with the average of 50%, 40ish % something is the minimum in all of the games im playing (eg. BF3, Crysis 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age 2).. how can i get the full potential of my GPU? i have one theory and that is my CPU is bottlenecking it... any thoughts?

my rig is in my sig, im just asking on how to maximize my GPU's usage. my gpu's usage is only 65% max with the average of 50%, 40ish % something is the minimum in all of the games im playing (eg. BF3, Crysis 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dragon Age 2).. how can i get the full potential of my GPU? i have one theory and that is my CPU is bottlenecking it... any thoughts?

With that CPU, it's definitely possible you're being CPU throttled. Check your CPU utilization while running games. If it's consistently up around 100%, that's probably your problem.

yeah its always at 80-100% usage... i cant overclock yet with this crap motherboard, it wont let me adjust voltages... im just waiting for next month to upgrade to an intel i5 2500k CPU.... til then im stuck with this crap piece of processor...

Back