• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

toasted my mobo's fan connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Petebert

i think the fan connector on my Abit BH6 is dead today my computer just gave me like 5 IE errors in a row then the screen went black, it'd reboot and the screen would just go black so I opened the case thinking my new videa card had a problem and noticed the cpu fan wasnt spinning, the heat sink was pretty damn hot. Id just recently put in a new power supply and for some reason put my heatsink/fan connector on the motherboards connector instead of the power supplys, forgot about those warning I read months ago about connecting my Globalwin Fop 38 that way doh! guess they draw too much power for my board, think I did any other damage or should replace the board? An upgrade wouldnt be too bad, I think Im using the first jumperless mother board.

Try Pluging in the fan to the PSU and booting up. You prob just fried the fan header. I wouldnt worry. Just cross your fingers and try to boot it up.

ya thats what i had to do, had to run a splitter off of the main power supply so id have a connection for it

My Dragon Orb3 did that to one of my boards a while back.

It should be against the law to sell a 6w fan with a 3pin
power connector.

anyone know the rated amount of power allowed for the BH6, i went through the pdf manual a few months ago, dont remember seeing it there

Back