• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II BIOS 38 questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ginfest

Registered
Hi All,
TH7-II /P4 1.6A is up and running fine at 2.1G, Rdram at full speed 533/PC1066, vcore at 1.55.

I'm curious about the "Delay to Thermal", default "16 min." in Advanced Chipset Features. Anyone know what this does?

Also, I have the "Differential Current" setting at default (6X), I think I saw a review that said 4X was better when OCing, but can't find it. What exactly does this do?

Thanks in advance for all the help, this board has been invaluable since I ordered my TH7-II.
Mike G

ginfest said:
Hi All,
TH7-II /P4 1.6A is up and running fine at 2.1G, Rdram at full speed 533/PC1066, vcore at 1.55.

I'm curious about the "Delay to Thermal", default "16 min." in Advanced Chipset Features. Anyone know what this does?

Also, I have the "Differential Current" setting at default (6X), I think I saw a review that said 4X was better when OCing, but can't find it. What exactly does this do?

Thanks in advance for all the help, this board has been invaluable since I ordered my TH7-II.
Mike G

You didn't have any problems on boot with TH7-II /P4 1.6A in first installed? what bios Ver. was installed when you got your board? & where & when did you get the board?

thanks

Ya, I had the infamous "post code 29" bug and no boot. I had to order a new BIOS chip flashed with "38" from Abit.
I originally bought the board from Newegg.

I found out that "delay to thermal" has to do with the P4 throttling when it's too hot. The xx time is how long the processor will remain throttled down until it runs full speed again.

Back