• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fast Registered DDR Ram ~2400-2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeMac

Registered
Does anyone know of any reliable 2400-2700 REGISTERED DDR RAM?

I specifically need REGISTERED ram because the Tyan S2460 that I'm using is extremely picky.

Here is Tyan's compatibilty list for 2100 ram:

http://www.tyan.com/support/html/pc2100_tg_mp.html

I want to be able to do some extreme OCing therefore I wanted to go with a bit more faster components.

Any input would be well appreciated.

Thanks

Joe Mac

don't know much about your problem, I must admit that, but crucial has both a good reputation for oc and with functioning with picky motherboards. Still, I'm not sure if they have pc2700 on the market yet. Know Twinmox has, but still can't say about crucial...

Ely

unfortunately the best registered ive ever seen was like pc2100 CAS 2.5...Maybe look into what corsair has, their XMS heat spreader pc2700 is supposed to be where its at in unregistered DDR

Tyan's are known for their stability, and not really for their overclockability.

You might want to keep that in mind when you try.

Cheers,
F

Joe the most this Tyan can oc is 12.5x150=1875

I would suspect it unlikely at best to get it to run at 150 fsb.I havent seen it yet from any tyan board but that dosent mean you cant do it.The ram most likely will need to always be the pc2100 flavor cause the 2400,2700 have no reason to be regestered.

There is a component called a Golden Socket that is needed to change the Multiplier on the Tyan.U need to unlock the chip and install this device that allows you to set it to12.5 which I think is the max on The S2460.
GO HERE
Well link is down Plycon computers sells them
{Use coppernic or google to find Golden sockets}

Or you can Play with the processors Bridges by cutting and closing to obtain the desired Multiplier.
GO HERE

http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html

Back