• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celly-T on ST6 & TUSL2-C benchies here....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

surfinguru

Can't decide which mobo to get. I know there are some issues with the Asus and the 1/3 divisor under 124 (?), wheras the ST6 lets you choose either 1/3 or 1/4. Not only that, it seems that on the CPU database, the majority of entries are for the Asus. However, I'm very happy with my BE6-2 and am leaning towards the ST6.
What I'm looking for are CPU and memory benchies from anyone using the new CeleronTullies from 1.0a - 1.2 on either of the two boards listed. Thanks to all those that reply.:D

Here is the ST6E Casper hitting 250MHz fsb with a tualatin!

25332.gif

http://holicho.lib.net/bench/h_fsb.htm

The TUSL2 could only hit 200fsb.

010630_01.gif

http://holicho.lib.net/mb/tusl2.htm

Not surprising since I saw instability past ~40MHz PCI speeds. With the ST6 I hit 190fsb and PCI speeds were around 48MHz. The ST6 is the more stable board and costs less. I used a TUSL2 and a ST6 and went back to the ST6. RIght now my chip is stable running 1.79GHz on the ST6, supercooled to 0 deg. C of course or colder!

Thanks guys. It's a done deal. I couldn't hold out any longer. Ordered the ST6 with a 1.2 Celly from MWave. $201.14 with tax and shipping. I should see it early next week. Once it's up and running I'll post some screenies.
Now I just have to figure out what to use that $150 gift certificate from Best Buy on.:D

surfinguru said:
Thanks guys. It's a done deal. I couldn't hold out any longer. Ordered the ST6 with a 1.2 Celly from MWave. $201.14 with tax and shipping. I should see it early next week. Once it's up and running I'll post some screenies.
Now I just have to figure out what to use that $150 gift certificate from Best Buy on.:D

Wow dude I just looked at your sig. You have the perect setup to do the slocket mod. WIth that BE6-II you should have the 1/4 PCI divders. I would love to see some benchies of a 1.6GHz cel-t on a BE6-II with ram at cas2. Mem scores shoudl be smokin' through the roof! FPS shoudl be smokin' too. The 815e boards do not deliver the mem bandwith the BX does!

ol' man said:

Wow dude I just looked at your sig. You have the perect setup to do the slocket mod. WIth that BE6-II you should have the 1/4 PCI divders. I would love to see some benchies of a 1.6GHz cel-t on a BE6-II with ram at cas2. Mem scores shoudl be smokin' through the roof! FPS shoudl be smokin' too. The 815e boards do not deliver the mem bandwith the BX does!

ol' man, can you post the link for the sloket mod you're refering to? I'm not sure how to get a BX board to recognize the Tully core? I'd certainly be willing to give it a go. Only thing is the BE6 is having some issues. (2 of the 5 headers are gone. FDD is good, IDE 1 and UDMA1 are still good. Other two crapped out for some reason.) It'd be nice just to tinker around with and have it set up just for my gaming rig. But then I wouldn't be able to use that new ST6.:( Unless.....someone wants to take that 700 off my hands so I can order another Celly-T???:eek:

Flu!d said:
Note the St-6 hit 250mhz FSB using a modified off board pll.

Note, so did the TUSL2-C. The mobo is what could not do higher than 200fsb.

Hey ol'man I have a be6 2, laying around. And a friend that has a new celeron 1.0A. How do you make a sloket to accept the newer chip.

Ok, it's Monday, I'm at work and the delivery guy just brought me the goods! Quick order processing from MWave.com. Ordered on Wednesday evening, like 4:59pm:eek: I'm sure the gal wasn't too happy about that, but oh well!:D
Packaging was ok at best, but everything arrived in good looking order. Mobo box didn't have any shrink-wrap on it leading me to belive it might be a refurb? I dunno, but it has some retail looking price sticker on it. (Says 7200.00) The manual had no fingerprints on it and all the included stuff was still sealed in their own individual bag. At this point, I'm going to assume it's all good.
Now for the chip: Retail 1.2 with the shrink-wrap still on. It too had some weird price sticker on it. (1806.50) Straight from the chip:

'01 MALAY
1200/256/100/1.475
Q140A833-0508
Celeron SL5Y5

Bummer, I was hoping for the Philli chip but oh well. I think I read in another post that someone estimated about 90% of ALL 1.2's will go 133fsb no worries, or with a little work anyway.
Well, I know what I'm doing tonight!!!:burn:

*edit* Oh yeah, it was UPS ground.

So far so good! Got it up to [email protected] last night stable with Prime running for a couple hours. No vid pin mod yet. Heat will be an issue. 48c under load with stock HS & AS-II. Looks like I'll be in the market for a better cooler.
Wanted to burn-in today but weather is bad and the power went out while getting ready this mornig.:( Oh well, always tomorrow.
Love the new benchies vs the ol' PIII-700 though:D :D :D

Here's my memory benchie....

memory_bench.jpg

Running at 2,2,2,5/7 125 mhz FSB @ 1.5 gig. Does make yours look a little low?! Although the Gigabyte XET series of mobo's always did have good memory bandwidth....

In fact, considering you're running at 127 mhz FSB your memory benchmarks 'do' look a little low.

surfinguru said:
Mem scores:
They seem kinda low. Running 2-7/9-2-2. Any thoughts, or is where I should expect to be?

You might want to try the benchmark again with only 256 RAM.

Just a thought of course.

Back