• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much can i up the VDimm Voltage by saftely?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

*Orbital*

Howdy,

I was just wondering how much i can up my Vdimm voltage by without damaging my memory or greatly increasing the probability that my memory will crap itself?

I'm currently running my Crucial 2100 @ 145 FSB on the fastest memory settings and on a Vdimm of 2.60~2.70. (I think. It's 0.1 volt up from the standard)

I know that i can up the voltage and up the FSB, but i've read to many stories about people blowing their memory by uping the voltages. If i get some decent cooling on my memory would i be able to max out my Vdimm voltage and increase my FSB?

any high quality ram kud handle up to 3v, however, the kingmax brand, as i was told, doesnt like high voltages. havent tried it for myself. the highest i ran my ram was 2.8v

ram doesn't get all that hot. aslong as you some some decent airflow in your case then most shoiuld run at whatever the motherboard's max setting is

Back