• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I have a Pentium 933 Coppermine,it was in a Gateway computer,well I want to overclock it a bit to get some better times on Seti,and I dont see anything in the Bios to were you can do any overclocking,so I am looking for a good overclocking board for this chip.
What would be a good board to get for this chip..
I have extra 133 MHZ 256 ram laying around but I may go with DDR if possible..Thanks

You should probably try something with a Via Apollo Pro Chipset. One board that comes to mind is the Asus P3-V4X. It was a slot 1 board but you could use a sloket if your chip is a Socket 370.

Another board that I had some luck with was the Asus CUSL2-C with the Intel 815 chipset. Now that chipset is really flaky when it comes to memory. It can be a real pain in the A$$, but is already a Socket 370.

However, I really can't see a high OC coming out of the chip. With the 7x multiplier, at 150 fsb you would be hitting 1.05 GHz, and 1120 @ 160 fsb (improbable). In the past the 933 wasn't a big seller because most people quickly figured out that most cb0/cc0 700's would do 933 out of the box. In fact, I still have a 700E running @ 1106. First on the P3-V4X then the CUSL-2C .

It's been doing it for 2 1/2 years between the two boards and is now my wife's machine!

Let us know how it works out...

Anything from Abit is also good...the VH6t and ST6 are reasonably priced right now $75-100...damn good boards for that chip

if you want to hit high fsb go with boards support 1/4 divider. ST6, XET/C ( both come with 1/5, 1/6 dividers, but i don't think u need that high, and they are hard to find). however, those boards can only up vcore to 1.825v, so it is your call.

Back