• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diagnosis required

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alixalman

Registered
i have had a problem with my computer ever since i bought it and it has exagerated since then. Computer hangs randomly.. be it once a day... once every 2 days.. but now a days 2 to 3 times a day.
i have replaced two hard disks. the problem that aroused with them is that the hdd light was constantly turned on while i couldnt access any of my drive.. computer gets stuck and after a while it starts working,.. sometimes i got bsod. so i replaced one hdd... the same thing started happening with next.. and now this is my third.. and once the same problem occurred but not again..

My specifications
intel 2600k core i7
asus p67 sabertooth motherboard
Ati 6950 xfx black addition factory oc
corsair vengeance 8 gig ram 1866 mhz
cavier black 500gb western digital hdd
samsung dvd rw combo drive
cooler master 600w silent pro psu
Razer blackwidow keyboard
razer abyssus mouse

What i have done so far
send in my hdd for warranty claim.
ran mem test. passed. but once i ran memtest i took out keyboard while test was on.. but later when i plugged in the keyboard memtest hung. i used 4.20+ version
ran gpu stress test. pass
cpu stress test pass.
reinstalled windows
checked temperatures. all normal
pc is not overclocked at all. using antel 600 se ll casing.. so cooling is not an issue with extra fans
cleaned dust regularly.. just did yesterday aswel.

But the problem wont go away. my thought is its either my motherboard gone bad or my psu.
but i have no way to test these two... i sent in my psu but vendor said its fine.. but im not satisfied by his answer.
i have one day left in my warranty for stuff.. and i really need to find which periphery is bad.. so i can send that one for claim.
KINDLY HELP me asap.

Try to run a check disk on all your hard drives. Most problems like this can be made by errors. If that doesn't help update to the latest BIOS then reformat your system (Low Level format. Use Dban. Don't forget to run the hard drives in SATA (AHCI mode). Also install the latest drivers.
Also does your motherboard have the B3 chipset fix ? If not than there is your problem right there. When the Sandy Bridge first got released the chipsets had this problem so they released the B3 chipset fix.
Also you can try using different SATA cables. I have had many problems like this that was cause by a faulty SATA cable and the thing was that it was the one which came with the motherboard. So I suggests that you try different SATA cables.Also makes sure your drivers are getting enough power. You shouldn't use 3 or 5 SATA power cables coming from the same head. Use a maximum of 2 power connectors from each head coming from your PSU.

Hope you found something useful from me , good luck.

Last edited:
Back