• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
hey guys, just OCed my system(first time for this rig!!!), but with my rig, i'm only able to go to 1.7Ghz stable, with 155FSB and a locked XP1700+. The Vcore is at 1.80V, and the memory is at 2.7V. i've tried to push to 166FSB, with 1.85Vcore, but the system won't even boot, even with the undocumented 2.8V for the memory. do you guys think its my RAM that is holding me back? i've tried all the trimming, its now at 2-2-2 (155fsb).

and my temps is around 44C with 3dmarks running.

thank you:D

Last edited:
the ram is at cas 2 now, and the speed is normal.
I read a lot of people can push the Crucials very far....so i'm not sure if its my ram or anything else....damn
i'm only using aircooling, with MCX462

You are doing fine with that cpu, I do belive it is the cpu holding you back, try more vcore but sometimes I won't help.

1.7ghz is a very good overclock from a xp-1700 :)

If you want to hit higher fsb's you will need to unlock it if more voltage won't help.

thanks plcid!!!

i just wanna hit 1.8G(166fsb), then i could use the /5 pci divider, and my pci will all being in spec.
now i'm only using /4, and my pci is in 38.75Mhz....i little out of spec., and i'm afraid this is going to haunt me back later....

Back