• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can you play with pin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

since a cpu and a chipset are similar in a lot of way is there possibility to play wiyh the pin of the chipset to tweak it !?!?!?:confused:
i dont know if i can post that question here but since i have an intel mobo i said to myself ...

yah you can tweak the chipset, usually you can tweak it and mess with it a ton more than the CPU. Chipset tweaks basically doubled all my benchmarks once I got it right:).

Instead of physically altering it, try using WPCREDIT from H.Oda. You'll need to read up quite a bit before you use it, but it's worth it!

WPCREDIT and WPCRset are extremely confusing at first, but after you get the idea it will let you do almost anything. Want to enable DDR-RAM support on your SDR-only mobo? no problem! Want to set CAS2-2-2 but mobo doesn't allow it? no problem!

Of course you can royally bork your system with these apps, but if it was 100% safe it wouldn't be fun:)

thank for the help

the problem is that i am already using wpcredit i was wondering more about hardware mod so to change the agp or/and pci divider wich i do not seem to be able to acces by the pcr file:)

and yes you are right if it would be 100%safe it would not be fun

you could always write your own .PCR file!:)

you really can't add features to a chipset, you can only enable features that are turned off. Adding bits to it would entail completely reworking the entire motherboard. If the chipset you have was not designed to include a 1/6 divisor or whatever, you can't add it without major major surgery.

thank you

ok then i would to know if you can tell me where i can find pcr file that are specific to the for the 694x northbridge and not the one that is for 691 even if the 694x is a revision of it as there been one made for it also do you know if there as been some made for the southbridge?...:)

Back