• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small FFT vs Blend on Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nineteen

Registered
When over clocking a CPU, which is best for stability testing and why? When should I use the different typs of stress tests on Prime95?

Good question!

OK so basically you would want to use small FTT's to isolate the cpu when trying to figure out what part of your system is giving you stability issues i.e. not enough vcore because it tests mostly the cpu only without stressing the rest of the system as much... When you go to a test like Blend, it will use a lot of RAM and a combination of Large and Smalle FTT's for a more over all stressing of the CPU & RAM. So if you had a failure using blend test you might not know what caused the fault...

Don't stop there though... run Memtest86 from boot CD. And try out a few other stress test like Intel Burn-in test/occt. I also like running some video benchmarks like 3DMark Vantage and 11 to see if the video is running smoothly then play a few heavy games like crysis & BF3 to see how the system does.

Back