• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i have alway been wondering about dual thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ataxy

can you use different speed cpu on a dual mobo (p3 733 mhz and p3 1ghz or cel 1ghz and p3 733) and on a dual can i use just one cpu while i wait to get another cpu or do i absolutly have to use 2 !?!?!?!?.....................:)

The CPUs in a dual proc setup has to be the same speed and if you plan to overclock them, they should really be the same stepping, same default voltage, and have the same s-specs (as identical as possible). The Celeron II CPUs (Coppermine Celerons) will NOT work in dual proc systems. Most dual proc mobos will allow you to use just one CPU, if you want.

If your intrestred I have a dual slot 1 board for sale. $100 PM me for more info.

thank you

thank you for the info
as for the board, getting a board ship to me from the state would kind cost me as much as buying a new one here never the less thank you for the offer:)

It doesnt cost that much to ship to Canada. Your Closer to me than the west coast. Besides I get stuff (bikes 50+ pounds in over sized boxes) from Vancouver B.C. for $50.

i understand its more us$/can$ wich is a problem and to make a long story short i am more interested in trying an AMD mobo for my next machine. still thank you for the offer :)

I wasnt trying to shove it in your face, I was just saying that shipping was inexpensive is all. AMD's rule. But I have Intels too, and a new one on the way.

no its alright thank for the offer it still realy kind of you to offer:) :cool:
i xcuse myself i am normaly speaking in french so i did not mean to be disrespectfull:)

Last edited:
It is good to see that we have increasing interest in the dual CPU area of overclocking. You will find that dual system are far superior to the single processor versions. Good luck to you.

batboy said:
The CPUs in a dual proc setup has to be the same speed and if you plan to overclock them, they should really be the same stepping, same default voltage, and have the same s-specs (as identical as possible). The Celeron II CPUs (Coppermine Celerons) will NOT work in dual proc systems. Most dual proc mobos will allow you to use just one CPU, if you want.

actually i think if you have a celeron I and an old p3 non coppermine with the same multiplier its possible to get them to run together. not something i would recomend though

Back