• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Speedfan 4.46 generally accurate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bosco

I've been using it to carefully monitor my core temps (a hyper 212 evo arrives tomorrow) as my stock Intel cpu cooler has a broken pushpin that will not lockdown.

Having only 3 of 4 pushpins the last few days limits my gaming as I've seen temps in the 60's range playing Dragon Age. This is at stock vcore + stock speed on an i7 860.

Seasoned overclockers for the most part don't use programs other than either Core Temp or Real Temp to monitor the core temp's, as programs like SpeedFan normally aren't as accurate.

Seasoned overclockers for the most part don't use programs other than either Core Temp or Real Temp to monitor the core temp's, as programs like SpeedFan normally aren't as accurate.

I thought most people here would use HWMonitor to check if the Vcore and the Temps for CPUTIN and the cores are as should be?

Back