• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So which RAM do I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well if u plan on overclocking your fsb very far i would say yeah crusial would let u raise your fsb farther probly but if its just going to run at stock i dont think it really matters who makes it tho i could be wrong......

crucial is very good ram, however if you go for another brand make sure to get CAS 2 instead 2.5, it will make a significant bandwith difference. And even though crucial says 2.5, it will easily do 2.

How expensive is crucial these days, I got my 256mb pc2100 for $36 last fall.

I have Crucial also. I'm OCing more tonight, so I'll tell you if the RAM is the first thing to go (it won't be) :D.

>> I got my 256mb pc2100 for $36 last fall <<

WHAT!? I payed about $80 for mine! Where did you get this?

i paid 38 for mine but ram proces have gone up a ton when it comes to DDR. I don't know why but it just has. Now it is like 65-80. Go to procewatch and get the best price u can. I don't think u really need crucial that badly but i could be wrong.

2100 vs 2700 HELP!

Ok everyone please inform me, Ii am running a 1.6 northwood (not Oc'd yet) with 512 2100 single, will I see a big difference between 2100 and 2700 or not?? I was told yes and no by many different people, and most the reads i saw said yes, but it seems to me that if im going to OC the fsb it wont matter, Am I crazy or what??

Mike A

Well, it depends on the motherboard. If the chipset has "266" in part of its name, 2700 will do nothing but improve your odds of overclocking. If the chipset of your motherboard has "333" in its designation, then 2700 is better. You can always try to run your PC2100 at 2700 by changing the settings in the bios, but there is no guarantee.

Back