• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a celeron 1.0A for a friend and the Gigabyte Board is acting wierd.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude

The first thing I noticed was it set the default voltage at 1.375v. The default is 1.47v. I cannot change the voltage manually. The board is a GA-60XT. I got it because it had divider changes and it looked cool. I also thought I heard ol'man say something good about them. Well I cannot change the voltage, at all. I want to get this chip to 1.3gig but at 1.375v it will not make it. And this stupid board does not a have a cmos reset jumper, it is supposed to act like my old cusl2-c but that does not work and i have to pop the battery out. I am very put off by what is happening. I am thinking about writing Gigabyte about what is going on. What should I do?

The GA-60XT mobo is not like the GA-60XET(-C) mobo's in that it is very much a budget board without the fancy overclocking options....

You picked the wrong board.

Mabye you can take it back and get a GA-60XET-C or even better still a GA-60XET (good luck on the XET now though - they're rare as hen's teeth!)

Sorry to bring bad news!

Back