• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sorry Humble apologies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

effen

Registered
Im a new be to this forum sorry i posted in wrong place.

I hope this is the CORRECT place since i'm not sure if its a processor or mother board problem.

Heres the deleted bounced flamed post again.

HELP
I have a VA6 mother board. I have gone through 3 hard drives in the last 2 weeks. After losing Hard drive # 2 I replace the power supply with a 500 watt p 4 approved power supply. I removed my seconed power supply and all the questionable Gheto connections
for the fans and relay for extra power supply.

Installed the new western digital 40 gig hard drive. now the drive is not recoginized by western digital utilities disk as a western digital drive. In reviewing the bios chip set features the bios locked up and i had to shut down and restart. I went back to chip set features and the screen locked up again.

Now I need to decide if i should replace the processor (P III 600) with alpha p3125 cooler or the mother board or both HELP.

Comp usa will not exchange any more hard drives 3 in 2 weeks has rasied their suspisions that I am up to no good DUH ? do ya think I may have done something wrong ?
Board is no longer over clocked running processor at default settings since before the first of the 3 hard drives crashed.

Did you try re-flashing the Bios?

Also, try entering the bios without the drives hooked up.

Another thing that can cause bios problems is a cpu fan with a dirty tach output signal.

cpu/board

Skip thanks for reply

I disconnected ide cable for hard drive at mother board went to bios chipset features, after less than a minute screen locked again

???????????????????

will try re flashing bios as soon as abit bios site back up argh !

bad board or processor

skip said:
Did you try re-flashing the Bios?

Also, try entering the bios without the drives hooked up.

Another thing that can cause bios problems is a cpu fan with a dirty tach output signal.

Yes I flashed the BIOS and it worked for 3 days. although the chipset features screen in bios continued to lock up.

now another hard drive has crashed i am getting rma from westerndigital but no sense just installing another hard drive until something changed.

I still have the original question is processor or mother board or both bad ??????

I had a overclocked soyo motherboard and it worked great for bout a 1 and half years and one day it gave me a system halt and every time I went into the bios it would lock up bout 2 months later the motherboard died,so i would have to say your motherboard days are numbered..

topweb2000 said:
I had a overclocked soyo motherboard and it worked great for bout a 1 and half years and one day it gave me a system halt and every time I went into the bios it would lock up bout 2 months later the motherboard died,so i would have to say your motherboard days are numbered..

Thanks Topweb and skip:
Thats 2 votes for board death. rats I was hopeing the processor was going now I have to replace a slot 1 board instead of a new processor on an adapter card lol.

Just a thought does the cmos battery ever go bad ? and if it did what would happen ?

Back