• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help ... Intel Vs AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xDBeatZz

Registered
Hi Fellow Overclockers,

I am looking to build a high-end computer for gaming and video editing. I was wondering should I go with Intel or AMD. These are the two processors I am looking at.

AMD - AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8150FRGUBOX

or

Intel - Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Thanks for the help guys.
Tell me what you think :)

Well both have their advantages. First though we need to know what your budget is?

Well both have their advantages. First though we need to know what your budget is?

I dont want to break the bank but ill buy any CPU that is not outrageously priced if you get me. To narrow it down, I would like to get my CPU and GPU for about €800. I know this is off topic but im looking at a nvidia gtx 680 or a AMD 7970 GPU

Unless your functions on the PC include HEAVILY threaded work, the 3770k is the chip to go for. The both will be just fine for gaming.

you say video editing but do you mean things like transcoding/encoding files? if the video format is the same and your talking huge files. your going to want to invest in some ssd's and large amounts of ram.

I currently use Adobe premier pro and after effects. I also use cinema 4D and boujou.

Im looking currently at getting 16Gb of ram and im wondering will that suffice .

I think i replied to what everyone said :)

Again, thanks for all the help

Ohh and to answer about getting SSD's im currently looking at a HHD raid configuration, what would ye suggest

yea i would go with the intel as well and nvidia for your gpu you can save a little and get the 670 its performance is close to the 680 your looking at.

yea i would go with the intel as well and nvidia for your gpu you can save a little and get the 670 its performance is close to the 680 your looking at.

Ya but people have mentioned that the 670 is noisier

I currently use Adobe premier pro and after effects. I also use cinema 4D and boujou.

Im looking currently at getting 16Gb of ram and im wondering will that suffice .

I think i replied to what everyone said :)

Again, thanks for all the help

Ohh and to answer about getting SSD's im currently looking at a HHD raid configuration, what would ye suggest

Adobe premier pro is it CS5 or CS5.5 or CS6 ?

Adobe premier pro is it CS5 or CS5.5 or CS6 ?

currently i have both CS5.5 and CS6 but I use a macbook pro (dont hate) but i use CS5.5 as I pretty sure CS6 is GPU accelerated and my macbook pro has only intel HD3000 graphics so i find CS6 to be very slow compared to CS5.5 but CS6 is alot faster when it comes to rendering. How about yourself ?

It's been GPU accelerated for a while. However, pre-CS6 used CUDA, which is NVIDIA only, while CS6 uses OpenGL, works on AMD and NVIDIA (and for that matter, Intel HD too). That's probably a factor in why CS6 is rendering faster, it's using the iGPU to help where CS5.5 isn't.

Back