• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious P4 Motherboard selection help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spydc

Registered
I've been reading up on how fantastic the P4-1.6A is. I also hear it is virtually guaranteed to run at least at 133fsb. Now the hard part is choosing a motherboard and I'm extremely torn. I want one that will definitely (100%) do an overlock of AT LEAST 133FSB for 2.13GHz. I've been reading about the Asus P4B266 and Asus P4S333...among others. Cost is not really an issue. I have the FONG KAI FK320 (300Watts AMD Certified) Full Tower Case ( http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=7&manufactory=1432&DEPA=1 )
Can someone give me a great motherboard/ram combination? Has anyone looked at the EPOX line of motherboards. For the intel 845 chipset, many believe the Asus P4B266 takes the cake, but what about the Epox 4bda2+? Includes onboard raid and great overclocking features. With the sis645, there is the Asus P4S333 and the Epox 4SDA+. Again, I read great reviews and high overclockability of the Epox 4SDA+. Onboard raid is a great feature which I would like in addition to extreme overclockability. What do you guys think? I don't know. Help me. I'm going crazy trying to decide! Thank you!

If you are looking for one of the best combo's out there right now for the new A series in my opinion, would be the Gigabyte GA-8IRX INTEL 845 CHIPSET ULTRA ATA100 ATX or the Gigabyte GA-8IRXP INTEL 845 CHIPSET ULTRA ATA133 ATX which has raid. The best ram would be either crucial or kingston in my opinion. I have built 9 of these systems and all with crucial ram and no problem with stability. Awesome speed!!!!

Back