• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CUV4X and VIO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajnag

Registered
Hi guys

I've got a CUV4X motherboard but I need a 3.8 or 3.9 VIO

does someone know how to mod the MB ( or rely the jumpers pins ) to provide this voltage

I'd just rely the 2-3-4 pin of the vio jumper and I obtained only 3.66V

My sdram cannot reach 140 2-2-2 with a so little voltage
:(

I'm at only 133 2-2-3 ( bad modules quality on several dimms)

man I dont know what your talkin about I have a cuv4x at the 3.4 vio setting and I can run my sdram comfortably at the fsb settings your showing... I'm thinking you have bad sdram... oh and I heard to avoid the first dimm slot if you want to overclock with this board... I have a 256meg stick that I use in the 2nd dimm slot and it works fine... also your sdram might be cas3 not cas2 that would cause probs that you are having

my sdram is pc133 cas3
bad quality

I cannot avoid Dimm 1 because I have three sdram module on three slots

I just want to overclock it

at 3.4 I cannot boot with a 133 fsb and 2-3-3 settings
at 3.66 I can boot with a 133 fsb and 2-2-3 settings

so I need more Vi/o ;)

have you tried overclocking at 3-3-3? I'm thinking it would work.... or you could try removing 1 or 2 sticks and seeing if it will run then.... remember the more dimms you fill the worse of a chance you will get a quality overclock... also is the ram you have in there all the same brand??? I really dont think it has anything to do with upping the voltage I really think you have crappy ram and you should first upgrade your ram... also upping the vio can damage your mobo and other components... I tried upping the vio and it did not help my overclock any... but seriously my best advice is to get a stick of Micron/Infineon pc133 cas2 either 256 or 512 but make sure it's all in a single stick so you'll have a better chance... well that's bout all for now... take my advice or leave it

at 3-3-3 I can reach a 140 fsb but not more
I don't want to buy new ram ( it's too expensive in france)

the Vi/o can be up to 3.8/3.9 without any damage for components
(with a good cooling of course )

well if you can get the vio that high by all means try but I doubt it will work for you... but that's the name of the game for overclockng experimentation

Back