• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another cheap skate with a bx6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[rude]

i have just bought a slotket 3 slot converter that claims it can cope with intel chips up to and inc coppermine for any mother board but abits website say i cannot put a coppermine in it cos it is the wrong revision of this mother board.

Should i just try any way, i have slapped a celery 433 in it and wound the ***** up to 541, can't get ne higher cos i cannot adjust the voltage settings.... seems to work ok, just considering a 1g celery as they are 2 a penny now.

You should be able to run a coppermine...try updating BIOS to its latest version. If you have Abit Slocket 3, use the slocket jumpers to adjust voltage.

it is not an abit slocket and does not have any voltage selection on it which has confused me, as it says it supports fcpga chips.

The mother board has been flashed with the lastest bios but the website say that the actual mother board cannot cope.

Back