• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VIA's $49 Android-Based Mini-PC is No Bigger Than a Banana

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome! Nice to see the Pi creating a new market.
I like that this one has standard ATX type stuff, that's nice. Nice for the exact same reasons it's nice that the Pi is tiny tiny and powered by USB.

It'd be cool if I could put Linux on that ;)

Im sure you could since there is Arm distro's out there. the real question is how can you access the onboard 2gb of storage to replace it with a *nix distro.

Awesome! Nice to see the Pi creating a new market.
I like that this one has standard ATX type stuff, that's nice. Nice for the exact same reasons it's nice that the Pi is tiny tiny and powered by USB.

im not sure about a new market, the pi is smaller then what VIA had/has. if you recall VIA was the one that came out with Pico-ITX and when that new hit people where like OMG SO SMALL. LOL, buy yea the pi is smaller then that, but considering the hw it wasnt hard to do for the Pi. For VIA im sure that took a bit more work to get it smaller then Pico-ITX. memory is a bit fuzzy on the dim's of pico itx so im not to sure if this is smaller or the same size as pico-itx.

at some point down the road we will see Arm cpus with storage/ram all on the same die. then it would get really small! :O

Small and cheap is the market. If I recall correctly (I might not) the previous Tiny VIA Stuff was rather more than $25-$50.

I think Pico-ITX is smaller than the one that just came out. Not positive.

o lol, i thought you meant small, that is where i was going with it. :x

Back