• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR combination on Gygabyte GA-8IRX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sod

Registered
DDR combination on Gigabyte GA-8IRX

as you can see in my signature, I have a 8IRX (i845D chipset) Gigabyte motherboard. I'm giving the 256 Kingmax PC2700 DIMM to a friend and all I'm left with is the 128 MB PC2100 DIMM that came with the mobo (has a nice Gigabyte sticker on it and Samaung chips rated at cl 2.5 but works just fine at 300 and CL 2). Since 128 MB of RAM is hardly enough, I'm planing on adding a second DIMM. The question is: will a new Kingmax PC2700 DIMM run stable with the Samsung DIMM mentioned above? I really don't have enogh money now to buy a new 256 MB DIMM, so I'd prefer just adding a 128 MB one.... Any of you tried this combination of RAM modules?

Last edited:
Hello,

Anymore most boards work good with other hardware equipment but, in my honest opinion, I would'nt mix ram, just for stability reasons....Check the web sight and or email the manufacture for memory confliction....If the ram you have works good....Use another just like it.

Back