• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED netflix drm error n8156. anyone know how to fix it??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

many people are telling me to simple delete or change the file named "mspr.hds" but that file isnt on my hdd in the first place. i re-installed silverlight. re-installed Firefox and chrome. but still no luck

its a windows xp 32 bit system and i reticently upgraded my mother to a asus M5A88-v. everything is all up to date, bios, drivers, java, windows, silverlight.
im thinking it has something to do with the mobo.

if someone could help me out that would be great :bang head

Cannot see the problem being hardware. That type error in g00gle is mostly showing as year 2010 and 2011 and not a single hit in 2012, so it seems the issue was mostly cleared up since it was supposed to be a problem with Silverlight. Generally occurred when updating from Silverlight 3 to 4.

I am thinking after doing some searching that n8156 is not the full name of the error code.

Fix for netflix error code n8156-6013

doesnt work. im literary going crazy. im about to re install windows. i hate having to turn my xbox on to watch Netflix.

Your time is correct on your clock?

I had this problem a few months ago and the fix was renaming that file. Just to be sure, do you have hidden files and folders being shown? Do you have the playready folder that is listed in the fix links?

Your time is correct on your clock?

I had this problem a few months ago and the fix was renaming that file. Just to be sure, do you have hidden files and folders being shown? Do you have the playready folder that is listed in the fix links?

what is the name of the file?. everytime i look for the ones they say for me to rename or delete i dont have them

I had this error a few months ago too and renaming that file fixed it. It's located in C:\Program Data\Microsoft\PlayReady. Make sure you have show hidden files and folders enabled as it's in a hidden directory.

found playready. but the file is not there. and show hidden files is on. and i searched for the right file. i dont have it. anyone possible want to get together in skype with me and ill share screen and we can try to figure this thing out???

Attachments

• okfound it.jpg
    okfound it.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
found playready. but the file is not there. and show hidden files is on. and i searched for the right file. i dont have it. anyone possible want to get together in skype with me and ill share screen and we can try to figure this thing out???

you are looking at the wrong location apparently:

From one of the links I found this:

On XP the path is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady

you are looking at the wrong location apparently:

From one of the links I found this:

On XP the path is: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::attn::bday:

I tried everything that was out there and nothing worked, then after a month of trying to watch a movies with all the buffering, I left for a couple of days of netflix. Then I started looking a redownload of the DRM problem, at first didn't get too far, then when to give up on no less than Microsoft downloads I found this download for the DRM

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3141

downloaded it without even removing the old one, and it worked for me the first time I was able to see a full movies, but my laptop does not have a lot of ram on it. I have Win XP pro sp2, and now it will buffer maybe one time during movies or not at all, a lot better than not watching anything! Give it a try, it just might work for you

Back