• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit bx133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topweb2000

I have an abit bx133 I hooked up the 2 cdroms together and (40 pin ribbon)plugged it into ide2,I hooked up the to 7200 ata 66 hard drives (80 pin ribbon) to ide 3(orange slot)and it doesn't see the hard drives..if i hook them up to ide 1 they are fine but only read ata33,I read the book on them and if i understand right ide 3 and 4 are for ate 66 and ata 100 (orange slots)am i miss understanding?
Thank you ahead of time:(

topweb2000 said:
I have an abit bx133 I hooked up the 2 cdroms together and (40 pin ribbon)plugged it into ide2,I hooked up the to 7200 ata 66 hard drives (80 pin ribbon) to ide 3(orange slot)and it doesn't see the hard drives..if i hook them up to ide 1 they are fine but only read ata33,I read the book on them and if i understand right ide 3 and 4 are for ate 66 and ata 100 (orange slots)am i miss understanding?
Thank you ahead of time:(

Check and see if IDE 3 & 4 are turned off in the BIOS.

Is there a enable/disable for ide3 and 4 i couldn't find anything like that,the only thing i found was enable/disable raid which didn't make any differance

topweb2000 said:
Is there a enable/disable for ide3 and 4 i couldn't find anything like that,the only thing i found was enable/disable raid which didn't make any differance

enable/disable raid is the setting for IDE 3/4 on/off. If that doesn't do it you have jumper or cable issues.

Leave the hdd on IDE 1 enter into bios go to on board raid enable/disable and enable it hit escape than hit f10 than hit enter to update settings allow to reboot windows should find the raid controller direct it to the driver or use the default shut down now check the cable make sure it's a 80 wire not 40 and the color connector on the cable usually blue goes into the MoBo in the orange connector .reboot when the raid setup starts do not enter it allow it to find the hdd itself you should be good to go just had to do this myself hope this helps

i have a via board and i have to install drivers to get my ata 100 devices to show up. not sure if thats the case with the bx 133? did abit include a floppy with your board that has additional drivers?

what is your OS system your are working with. And definately check to make sure you have the raid setting as enable. You dont need to have raid but need to have raid enable to use the 2 extra ide channels.

Back