• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED lost my LinX 0.6.4 zip file cant find download site

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Linx won't work in windows 8? The load stays idle on realtemp and linx doesn't do much except run the elasped time. What gives?:confused:

Linx won't work in windows 8? The load stays idle on realtemp and linx doesn't do much except run the elasped time. What gives?:confused:
Works for me. If you have a large amount of memory selected, it has to initialize it first and it can take quite some time. Watch your memory usage to see if it is increasing.

linxw8.png

Do you have to allocate as much as your ram as possible for a thorough stress test or can you just allocate say 2 or 3 gigs of ram. Also for some reason it worked when I accidentally checked disable turbo boost in real temp, but it was running at stock speeds on a 3770k which is 3.5ghz and it was taking forever to cycle through each test. Third cycle started like a hour and half into the stress test. I ran IBT prior to LinX and it took nowhere as long as LinX did.

Also what is the difference between linnpak and LinX? I can't help but notice that people are using linnpak interchangeably with LinX and IBT. I already ran a 24hr custom stress test on prime95 with 14500 of my memory allocated to prime while the rest is being used up by the intergrated gpu and the OS.

I have an i7 3770k on a gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard and I set the multiplier to 45 and the vcore to 1.24. So far so good, Max temps were 77 on the second core and 70 on the third core. The first and fourth core stayed under 70, but I did notice that second core would run 10c hotter than the first core. Is this normal or should I exchange my cpu for another one?

Also I bought the 1 year accidental damage warranty along with processor from newegg, would this cover my processor if I accidentally fry it by not knowing what I'm doing with my overclock?

Sorry for the over abundance of questions. This is my first build and I'm just trying to get this overclock stable and sorted out, so I can get back to making music.

Last edited:
LinX is the frontend GUI for linpack. It is just a convenient and pretty interface.

You should use as much RAM as possible as that makes the individual tests longer and tests more of RAM. LinX is a CPU and RAM stress testing program.

It is normal for a temperature discrepancy between cores, even 10 degrees. You could try reseating your cooler to make sure it is making proper contact. If it never changes, then it is likely nothing you can fix.

As far as I know, the Newegg warranty does not cover user damage.

Thanks!!! I'm talking about the warranty they sell along with the processor that say accidental damage. I paid like $30 for it and I believe its outsourced through a independent insurance company.

Anyway I think I'm happy at 4.5GHz and 24hrs prime stable. I don't think I have the patience in me for anymore stress test.

One thing I did notice is that after I did my stress test, my ram wasn't running at the advertised timings, which are suppose to be 9-9-9-24, so I went into bios and changed xmp to profile1. Does this mean I have to run another 24hrs of prime since I changed the ram timings?:facepalm:

If you overclock, that isn't accidental damage. You should have bought the Intel warranty (which you can still get on Intel's own website, by the way), which covers overclocking and overvolting, no question asked replacement. The one that Newegg offers is a ripoff and you should never buy it.

If you overclock, that isn't accidental damage. You should have bought the Intel warranty (which you can still get on Intel's own website, by the way), which covers overclocking and overvolting, no question asked replacement. The one that Newegg offers is a ripoff and you should never buy it.

Dang!!!:bang head I bought this processor on 11-23. Do you think I can still purchase intel's warranty?

I just chatted with intel and they said that they do not sell extended warranty plans, but that all processors are covered under a 3yr warranty service plan. I don't know what that means, but I think I'm done trying to overclock my processor to 4.8Ghz. I was hitting max temps of 91c and if I wasn't the paranoid type I probably would of ran prime for 24hrs with those temps not knowing any better.

The Performance Tuning Protection Plan is not an extended warranty. The normal warranty doesn't offer a replacement for CPUs run outside of rated speeds. If you get the Performance Tuning Protection Plan, then they will replace the CPU if it dies when running outside of spec. The PTPP allows overclocking to be covered warranty, it doesn't extend the warranty.

EDIT: This should probably have been in its own thread, since this thread is ~6 months old, and doesn't pertain to the OP.

Last edited:
Back