• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to know where to buy kingmax

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pc2700

Anytime. They even have deals on heatspreaders, and they ship quickly. Good alternative since newegg is always out of stock. Post how high you can get on that kingmax in one of the threads in the memory section once you install it. I want to get some Kingmax PC2700!

Re: kingmax

Arkaine23 said:
this place sucks, dont buy anything from them. i ordered 2 sticks from 1 week ago today, and they say that it will ship in 3 business days, it shipped on friday, 2 days ago, 2 days after the 3 business days, and i will not receive it until thursday this week, for a total of 11 days, from the time i ordered. i also had to get ground shipping, for $13.50, because their prices for shipping are so high, and the freight is only 1 pound.:mad: bad business.

vendor

hmmm, mine came a week after I ordered it. Maybe they had to wait on a new shipment to restock the warehouse? I'm sure I can find some more vendors that carry it....

I ordered some Friday. A 256MB stick with 5ns chips (or so they say at least) for $99 shipped 3 day.

The place was Kommax. They said it would ship today, so I should have it by Thursday.

I live about 2 miles away from Kommax. I went there so I could look at their Kingmax DDR333 chips to make sure that they were, in fact, the 5ns chips. They have a big plastic tray FILLED with 256Mb sticks, and it's all sequentially serial numbered. All the sticks I looked at were marked "-05" on each chip.

Lopus:

Why would you want 1gig sticks? Their hard to overclock, they have to be: Registered, ECC, and Buffered, to be ran which won't overclock well.

I don't see no point in PC2700 1gig sticks as PC2100+ are really meant for overclockers.

jd: Sorry the sticks came so long, but on the good side your not being thrown over and actually getting them, just be sure to not do business with them and leave them some negative feedbacks on resellerratings.com :D

Yodums

Ralf Hutter said:
I live about 2 miles away from Kommax. I went there so I could look at their Kingmax DDR333 chips to make sure that they were, in fact, the 5ns chips. They have a big plastic tray FILLED with 256Mb sticks, and it's all sequentially serial numbered. All the sticks I looked at were marked "-05" on each chip.

Every PC club store has them in stock, all are -5ns chips. www.pcclub.com

Lopus said:
Yodums, would two 512MB sticks of PC2700 be better in your opinion then?

My opinion depends on how much ram slots you have.

If four I'd fill them all with (4)x256. The higher the memory module the tougher to overclock. Why do you need a gig anyways?

Well, I'm building a complete new computer, from ground up, and to be honest I'm trying to make it as powerful as I can afford.

I guess my number one reason for wanting 1gig is simply for games. Games are starting to have huge requirements, and I guess I'd like to go ahead and just get all that out of the way.

Case in point, Everquest. I play this game off and on for many years, and they released an expansion not too long ago. I have 256mb in this computer right now, yet this expansion is asking for no less then 256, but recommended at 512mb :eek: . With only 256 I can only view half of the updated graphics, if that. And 512 is just getting the resources to run all graphics.

I guess I just want to go ahead and get a full gig and hope to not have to worry about it for a while.

The motherboard I'm looking to buy is the ASUS A7V333, which I believe only has 3 slots.

Lopus said:
Well, I'm building a complete new computer, from ground up, and to be honest I'm trying to make it as powerful as I can afford.

I guess my number one reason for wanting 1gig is simply for games. Games are starting to have huge requirements, and I guess I'd like to go ahead and just get all that out of the way.

Case in point, Everquest. I play this game off and on for many years, and they released an expansion not too long ago. I have 256mb in this computer right now, yet this expansion is asking for no less then 256, but recommended at 512mb :eek: . With only 256 I can only view half of the updated graphics, if that. And 512 is just getting the resources to run all graphics.

I guess I just want to go ahead and get a full gig and hope to not have to worry about it for a while.

The motherboard I'm looking to buy is the ASUS A7V333, which I believe only has 3 slots.

You'll notice that most apps will not use more than 512mb. I run some very large and powerful MP3 encoding software and alot of games and XP has not had to give them more than 512mb. I think at these prices you should spend more money on better parts. Also I do not think they have TRUE PC2700 in 512mb sticks.

So you are saying I would actually have a performance drop if I went with two 512MB versus two 256MB modules? Excuse the newbiesh question, I'm still learning most of this stuff as I go. Which is why I'm reading/posting on this board. :)

Back