• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We are Overclockers. Some more so, than others.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
If you are scared to destroy your hardware then don't ask us. Fact is we generally have a warranty on our memory, video cards and processors up until the time we open the box and then all bets are off.

We will not mislead you and tell you lies but we also do not hold back. We prescribe to facts and performance not rumors and he said she said. There are many on this (and other boards) that are experienced with many facets computer hardware and some with the actual design and implementation. Some of us push things and some of us do not.

Some here will give you misleading information (intentionally or not), some will tell you their opinion and state it as fact but we also have no control over what others happen to bring up on this board. Please take a balanced approach and gather as much information as you can before attempting anything any one person suggests.

Dieing to know what spawned this thread.... :p

Yeah you are a fart smeller:eek: I mean smart feller:salute: You know!

Still there is more to it than that. We all do things differently for our own reasons. Sometimes all of us are dead wrong but usually it is just a matter of perspective. We know each other and we get along but from time to time there is a new wheel that gets squeaky. We apply oil.

Well, I came here knowing essentially nothing about overclocking, and although I could build a computer, I didn't know nearly as much as I know now, and I'm still learning from these boards. I may not be the enthusiast-level that a lot of the members are here, and I may not push my hardware to it's absolute limits, but I do enjoy getting a little boost in performance from what I've learned about overclocking. :)

Well, I came here knowing essentially nothing about overclocking, and although I could build a computer, I didn't know nearly as much as I know now, and I'm still learning from these boards. I may not be the enthusiast-level that a lot of the members are here, and I may not push my hardware to it's absolute limits, but I do enjoy getting a little boost in performance from what I've learned about overclocking. :)

This thread is as much for me as anyone else. I need to lighten up. But there again when someone is leading another astray I get emotional.

Yeah you are a fart smeller:eek: I mean smart feller:salute: You know!

Still there is more to it than that. We all do things differently for our own reasons. Sometimes all of us are dead wrong but usually it is just a matter of perspective. We know each other and we get along but from time to time there is a new wheel that gets squeaky. We apply oil.
No doubt. And EVERYONE can still learn, even if its from a new member. The key is being able to step back and see what other people are trying to say...(I have this issue :-/).

And from a different perspective, not squirting the oil all over their face when they are wrong instead of just oiling the squeaky part (I occasionally have this issue as well :().

So my point is processors. Some of us have lots of hands on and others have hear say and speculation. Hell many have full manufacturer backing as well. Well who is who?

Well I think green and blue generally qualify but others may be just as or more in the know than the pretty colors.

+1 again. Post count nor forum status = knowledge. However blues and greens do something more than most regular members. GENERALLY a higher knowledge level, but more so helping others in a stable manner that is indicative of what this site was built off of and still is.

No doubt. And EVERYONE can still learn, even if its from a new member. The key is being able to step back and see what other people are trying to say...(I have this issue :-/).

And from a different perspective, not squirting the oil all over their face when they are wrong instead of just oiling the squeaky part (I occasionally have this issue as well :().

I agree about the over doing it (I do it) but at times I think it is a valid option! I personally don't care if I get made a fool of and I do it to myself all the time but misinformation is poison. Some do not know nor do they care to know. They just want others to look at them in a special light.

I agree about the over doing it but at times I think it is a valid option! I personally don't care if I get made a fool of and I do it to myself all the time but misinformation is poison. Some do not know nor do they care to know. They just want others to look at them is a special light.

Yeah but if you call out the person with the misinformation or poison you get the mod's underwear all in a twist and your post get's deleted. I typically call it as I see it which sometimes doesn't go down well.

Wouldn't be surprise if this post gets deleted to. Even though it's just one insignificant man's opinion.

We don't delete posts with misinformation. I'm not sure where you are seeing that. If you are rude or break the rules, then yeah, of course it will be edited or deleted.

Yeah but if you call out the person with the misinformation or poison you get the mod's underwear all in a twist and your post get's deleted. I typically call it as I see it which sometimes doesn't go down well.

Wouldn't be surprise if this post gets deleted to. Even though it's just one insignificant man's opinion.

We don't delete posts with misinformation. I'm not sure where you are seeing that. If you are rude or break the rules, then yeah, of course it will be edited or deleted.

Thid and Cigar I think most of it is really misopinionation (new word all mine) coming from people who heard it from Fud or wherever or whoever (just an example and nothing against Fud) and/or do not know the differences between generations and brands of processors A, V, W, Thermal transfer, thermal breakdown, resistance.... You know?

Archer... you can only educate anything past that and it can get nasty. Spit out facts, support those facts (links), and move on. One of my biggest faults on this forum is trying to force feed my facts down someone's keyboard. Most of the time it doesnt work and I end up looking like a ******* in the process. Its a tough thing to get past as I am also a stickler for proper information and hate misopinionation (copyright archer 2012 :p) as Im sure you have seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is always a good idea to take their perspective if they don't agree with you. There have been a lot of cases where I've been wrong or misunderstood something, and had it pointed it out by someone else. As long as you understand that you don't know everything and remember that when reading other posts, you'll probably be fine.

Back