• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any of your Cores Parked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frakk

See this. it will tell you if Windows 7 is parking any of your cores.

I have all the green stuff turned off and power options turned to high performance.

So why do i have 3 cores parked? i paid for 6 cores not 3. :p

Attachments

• parked.PNG
    parked.PNG
    48.4 KB · Views: 3,034
Whats the point? The article linked says:
So let’s say if you are performing some tasks that do not consume a lot of CPU power, all the cores that are parked will remain in that state. However, if you are running something that requires a lot of CPU power, all the cores, which were previously parked, will be placed in the active state (unparked) to perform the task. And after it’s done, they will be parked again.

I don't think this utility is working... It also tells me my cores are parked and I don't even think a phenom 9750 has the ability to power down cores or whatever and my 4 cores are always active according to the performance monitor.

Even while stressing my cores at 100% with aida64 (everest) that lil' program still indicates that my cores are parked.

in computer managment/ performance monitor, parking status shows all cores 0.000 on my 955 machine

I don't think this utility is working... It also tells me my cores are parked and I don't even think a phenom 9750 has the ability to power down cores or whatever and my 4 cores are always active according to the performance monitor.

Even while stressing my cores at 100% with aida64 (everest) that lil' program still indicates that my cores are parked.

The application reads a registry setting and does not really mean your cores are parked.

After search has finished, you will see N number of rows in the list view control along with the Status that will describe if the value retrieved from the registry indicates that your core is parked. But as I said earlier, core parking is not enabled for all the CPU’ s even though registry value may indicate that cores are parked. From now you can press “Park All” or “Unpark All” buttons to enable or disable parking. Also, you can change a single row.

Back