• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Finding the correct RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Ok heres the deal. I want to use Grade A RAM. ie Crucial/Micron/Muskin/Corsair. Not a generic type. The reason is simple, I want the best for now. I want to get the blahx72 not the blah x64 ram. I want a size between 256 and 512. Ah and it must be DDR PC2100 minumums. I have looked on all the appropriate sites, cept maybe Corsair, cant remember. And they all have the blahx64 in the right size that I am wanting. Ah another thing, NOT ECC. The sites all have the x72 in ECC only. So Im beginning to become a little annoyed. If anyone could give me a hand here it would be appreciated.

One more thing. Has anyone ever used Nanya RAM?

as far as i know crusial is the best ram u can buy right now that are rated 2100. u can look at some of the ram rated at 2700 or 2400 but they will likely cost a bit more and the crusial 2100 will general run 150-160fsb

the kingmax ddr 333 looks good too. it wud let u reach high fsbs maybe like 150-160 with ease, and at a much lower voltage too. kingmax also comes with 5ns chips.

francisamf said:
BLAHx72 is ECC. So if you want x72, you mean ECC. There's no other.

Cheers,
F

Really? Thats not the way it was explained to me by someone else... hmm... well then..... thanks for the heads up!

I'm pretty sure he's right, with ECC there is one extra megabyte for every 8.

See x72 divided by 9 =8
x64 dived by 8=8

1 more megabyte for every 8. (or in the example 8 for every 64)

I really don't think you want ECC, its slower, and overclocks less, and even cost more.

Crucial overclocks very nice if you raise the voltage, some people can get it to do over 166mhz, but If you don't want to raise your voltage that high(2.9v+ for 166mhz, 2.7v-2.8v for 150mhz) you may want to go with PC2700, I think cosair's a good brand.

Look at my sig for my crucial

Back