• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4B-266 - questions about usb 2.0 and onboard sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kneedoc

I just set up two P4B-266's with 1.6a's this weekend. Does the win xp driver install usb 2.0 by default or do you need the drivers on the asus disc? What is the device in the device manager to update--ASUS says it should read asustek, but I only see NEC in the USB list. Also, has anyone been using the onboard sound at 133 FSB, or have there been problems? One of the units has a soundblaster live, no problems. The other with onboard sound enabled has freezing problems.

Thanks.

Hi. Just installed a P4B266 this weekend myself and am running win xp pro. As far as I can tell, Win XP did not the usb 2.0 drivers. I went to asus.com and downloaded the usb 2.0 drivers, ran the update (had a yellow question mark in device manager for usb) for the driver using the downloaded, and now I'm good to go.

Net - I'd d/l the drivers versus using the ones on the disk and you should be fine.

No experience with the onboard sound...disabled right away.

I'm also having problems with onboard audio in xp, I had to disable it and install my santa cruz, It would do nothing but freeze with it enabled.
from what ive read there are alot of people having the same problem

kneedoc said:
I just set up two P4B-266's with 1.6a's this weekend. Does the win xp driver install usb 2.0 by default or do you need the drivers on the asus disc? What is the device in the device manager to update--ASUS says it should read asustek, but I only see NEC in the USB list. Also, has anyone been using the onboard sound at 133 FSB, or have there been problems? One of the units has a soundblaster live, no problems. The other with onboard sound enabled has freezing problems.

Thanks.

happy bday!!!!!!!!!!! :bday: :bday: :bday:

Back