• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pass it on or keep it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goin postal

Registered
Was thinking of trying something new but not sure if anything is worth upgrading from what i have. Will be passing current CPU & MB down to son if i can find an upgrade from my current rig if i can find something to fit my budget of $250 (microcenter in town so bundling is good).:thup: If nothing is worth upgrading to how about a suggestion for a combo for a gaming build for my sons. Love my AMD(always had one) but will concider crossing over to the other side. AMD 965BE is available for $100 and i know he'll be more than happy with it and is a brute for OCing but have know idea if an FX will compete or if something else should be looked at. Thanks

Last edited:
not sure $250 will be enough to switch to current a intel considering you would need a motherboard as well as the cpu but maybe you can find a bundle.
i was AMD only for years..switch and havent looked back.
i just got rid of the wifes 965BE man that sucker was slow even compared to first gen i7's,
i mean it would play games fine but i wouldn't bother getting anything better then a GTX470 or you'll just be bottle necking it.

maybe just get yourself a decent SSD it would probably give you the biggest bang for you buck right now with your current system.

yes defiantly worth the upgrade the intel is way faster then your amd you have now.

Back