• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? sdram speed and size?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
hey i got two stick of sdram
here

how do i tell there size and speed ( all i have is a mobo with ddr)

it has this writen on it

"mt16sd464ag-66cl2
9812 ud nn af
376605"

anyideas

if i do find mobo to check it

how do i tell what speed it is?

what brand?
and how many big Main chips does it have?
how many contact pins on the bottom, and does it have 1 dent, or 2? where located?

I'm guessing cas 2 pc66 ram 32 MBs, non-ecc because of the 64.

Look at the 2nd notch in the bottom of the chip. If it's centered, then you have 3.3v ram that you can test in almost all dimm slots. If it is moved to the left side, then you have 5v ram that can only be used in an old pentium/pentium pro setup, mostly with mixed simm and dimm slots. the 5v ram will not work in a 3.3v slot. Hope this helps you alittle bit with your quest to see what ram it is.

Also what is on the chips, is it something like "SEC" or "NEC", the company ussally puts their name on the chips.

WOW YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD

THERE DEFIETLY 32'S and they fit in my freinds new mobo so i take it there the 66mhz ones you were talking about

i found a place that buys back old ram so im trying to get enough to buy one stick of 256 133

i also a bunch of 128 rams that came out of a cisco router

anyideas what they are ( they look like sdram and they say sdram but hey seem to be just a fraction of inch to big for the slot )

crash893 said:
WOW YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD

THERE DEFIETLY 32'S and they fit in my freinds new mobo so i take it there the 66mhz ones you were talking about

i found a place that buys back old ram so im trying to get enough to buy one stick of 256 133

i also a bunch of 128 rams that came out of a cisco router

anyideas what they are ( they look like sdram and they say sdram but hey seem to be just a fraction of inch to big for the slot )

Check the notches, normal 3.3v sdram have the first notch to the right, and the 2nd in the middle. I'm guessing they are 5v dimms, so look at the diagram I drew, and check the 2nd or middle notch. 5v dimms are sdram, and they look like normal sdram, but they won't fit in a sdram slot. I learned alot of stuff the hard way when I first built my system.

to add one more thing, the first notch being to the right means it's unbuffered, and if it's in the center it's buffered.

okay here is some more questions for you

im attaching a pick this is the one that just is a little to big to fit

Back