• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI divider on Abit ST-6 ????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

riscracer

Registered
I got a Abit ST-6 non-raid Board with a Cely [email protected] on it. The system works absolut stabil for a couple of months now without any problems at all. But what I don't understand is, that it only works setting PCI divider to 3:3:1, which means that FSB is on 139, PCI on 46,3 (!!!) and AGP on 92,67 (!!!). When I change the divider to 4:4:1 or even 4:3:1 the system won't boot at all. I think PCI-divices working at 46,3 MHz are nearly impossible. So I tried to test my PCI-ethernet-adapter in my secondary system, where it was unable to work, if the PCI frequency exceeded 40MHz. Also my GeForce 3 can't handle AGP frequencys in the second system beyond 85MHz.
I did check all jumper settings at the ST-6 and they all were in default position, as mentioned in the manual.
If I set my FSB beyond 140 the system will boot into windows, but within one minute harddrive errors occur.
I'm already out of ideas, so do you have any suggestions ?
Also does somebody know a good system tool, showing PCI and AGP frequencys under Windows ? (Other than SiSoft)

Thanks for help.

I had some problems with the divisors. Try setting your FSB back to 100 and booting, and select the dividors that you want. Then restart and go back into BIOS and then up your FSB to the desired settings. It worked for me, dont ask why either. I have the 1/4 dividors working just fine 4:4:1

What V-core did you use to get to 1.68?

The CPU is vid-modded, but there is no need for it actually. It runs perfectly stable @ 1,6V VCore. So I think if it's possible to run at 4:4:1 divider, the Hardrive won't make any problems and then raising the voltage up to 1,675 or 1,7 the Chip should do 1.7+.

Experiencing similar weirdness

I am having a strange problem which may be related. Basically, I am unable to overclock my Ti200 as much when I raise the speed of my chip (1.0A -> 1.4 GHz). At first I thought this was related to AGP bus speed but i tried the 3:3:1 divider at a lower CPU speed and it did not manifest the same problem as 4:4:1 at 1.4 GHz. So what the heck is going on here? As far as I know the card memory shouldn't even care about the AGP bus speed to begin with. What's going on?

Maybe there is a power problem or the board is incapable of dividing cleanly at higher speeds?

I cannot seem to get over 1.6 with the 1.6 v-core. Full load temps of 35c. I think that I am going to use a pelt and v-mod it to 1.65 I am hopeping that it will do the trick. Sometimes it does not like the cold boot, and that is all that I think it could be.

{PMS}fishy said:
I cannot seem to get over 1.6 with the 1.6 v-core. Full load temps of 35c. I think that I am going to use a pelt and v-mod it to 1.65 I am hopeping that it will do the trick. Sometimes it does not like the cold boot, and that is all that I think it could be.

Strange how these 1.2 Cellys can make it up to 1.6GHz with a low vcore, yet not like the voltage topped up.

Back