• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Th7-ii/2.0a/4x128 Samsung I Have Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pgiinc

Registered
DIFFERENTIAL CURRENT ? UNDER RDRAM BUS FREQUENCY

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND WHAT SHOULD I SET IT TO?DIFFERENTIAL CURRENT ? UNDER RDRAM BUS FREQUENCY
MY BOARD CAME WITH THE 37 BIOS IT WOULD NOT RECONIZGE TO 2.0A SO I FLASHED TO THE 77 BIOS
I HAVE IT AT 2.6G 130FSB INSTALLING WINXP NOW
IT WILL START UP 133 FSG 2.666 REBOOTING OS INSTALL I WILL MESS WITH IT MORE

no one is sure what this is exactly (neither do Abit support staff), i read in one of the posts here that reducing it to 4 will increase the frame rates in games

I have yet to figure it out what that differential memory setting is too or find a reasonable explanation what it does, but 4X seems to give the best stability when overclocking.

Well it is now running 3dmark demo looping after i ran the benchmarki have a question i only have video card in at this point and in bios i disabled the sound /midi and anything else i can see for audio because i am going to put my audigy in when i get finised testing this new box and in system properites it has intel sound looks like installed.whats up with this?will it go away when i put the sound card in or do i not have it disabled?

2.0ag @ 2.6g 520/130 th7-II/4x128 samsung bios 77 volts 1.85
temp 53 stock fan i i dont care
i think it would run 2.666 533/133

ok i dont see an option for ac 97 audio to disable it. I have bios 77 only one i have tried.is it not under integrated peripherals?

Maybe that sound driver got installed before you disabled the onboard device in the BIOS. There are two things to disable in the BIOS, AC97 sound and AC97 modem (if you have the newest version, this might be AC2001). Make sure they are both disabled and then remove the driver to see what happens. I'd say you have a nice overclock going, congrats. So far, 130 FSB is all I have been able to get out of my 2.0a too.

Ok my bad i had overlooked ac 97 audio,but now it is disabled
well i try 533/133 at 1.85 with the 77 bios and i get error blue screen starting up so maybe the pin trick or i will wait for another bios give me a little more volts ,and i can try some other things like going back to 2 rimms or i hav a set of 4x256 i was going to put in but i thought it would do better with the single sided ones.i can i mess up the pin trick?should i wrap pin 4 3 or 2 1 also?

DIFFERENTIAL CURRENT ? UNDER RDRAM BUS FREQUENCY

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND WHAT SHOULD I SET IT TO?DIFFERENTIAL CURRENT ? UNDER RDRAM BUS FREQUENCY
MY BOARD CAME WITH THE 37 BIOS IT WOULD NOT RECONIZGE TO 2.0A SO I FLASHED TO THE 77 BIOS
I HAVE IT AT 2.6G 130FSB INSTALLING WINXP NOW
IT WILL START UP 133 FSG 2.666 REBOOTING OS INSTALL I WILL MESS WITH IT MORE

LOL!!!!!:D

OK, here's the REAL scoop. One day some Abit Engineers were sitting around smoking some of SouthFarthing's finest and then one of them said "Hey lets add something to the bios that nobody will be able to figure out." Then another one chimmed in "Yeah, and we can tell everybody it's just for overclockers. That way they'll either feel too stupid to ask any more questions about it or they'll just get really mad at us for not telling them what it does." "Great Idea!" They all replied.

[Paul Harvey] And now you know the rest of the story [/Paul Harvey]

Pgiinc, if you already have the "77" BIOS, then VID pinning only #3 and #4 pins will not give you any extra voltage settings. I know, I tried that. If you want more voltage, you'll need to wrap VID pins 2, 3, and 4 for 1.8v or 1, 2, 3, and 4 for 1.85v (all four pins will give you the most settings, up to 2.2v on the TH7-II).

Last edited:
thanks for that info
i dont dont see why they cant just make a bios that will give use say 1.90.
lol
when i get my pc's change around putting this 2.6gig in my old 1.9p4's place i will start benchmarking my ti4600 visiontek geforce4 128 megg card it ran 9500 3dmark 2001 with the 1.9 p4.i should get around 11000 points
hell ya

Back