• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am a bad~~ person.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

well, today i was so bored, so i went to library to study, and soon, got tired, so i decided to take a good look of the computer in lib. so i reset, and boot into bios, and found out that the mb is actually ocable!! wow, and it had great features!! then i discovered it was an Asus board with Celeron 600 inside--i oced the thing...:rolleyes: 600 @ 765, 1.85v. no problem, temp was fine, so i went straight for the kill, 2.0v @ 900 boot, load, then crashed within 10 min, since i could not clean the cmon, the computer did not respond to me in anyway.....so i ran the hell away...:eek: i am bad, really bad...i should stay home, and no more library for me....or should i say no more library computer for me...

i dont understand it

at my lib they have the IT police all over it

you cant even use the start bar

why would they leave the bios with out a password

check the dumpster next couple days they probably wont know how to fix it and throw it in the trash

LMAO that is histerical!!!!

well next time you knoiw how far to take her

crash893 said:
i dont understand it

at my lib they have the IT police all over it

you cant even use the start bar

why would they leave the bios with out a password

check the dumpster next couple days they probably wont know how to fix it and throw it in the trash

why? cuz i worked there, and one of my friends is working there too, so i kinda have the password.... and hope i can i get a new celeron 600 soo with loaded goody...DVD, Cd-burner, etc. and i hope i did not get caught in the video, otherwise, i am fired for sure...

Turn it off, then press and hold the "ins" key while you turn it on. Hold it till it starts to boot up and you should be able to get back into the bios. Pressing and holding the insert key bypasses all the bios settings and boots up with the default settings.

I'll have to add to this..

one time me and a friend where at a local futureshop looking at all the goodies, when we saw a realy nice monitor.

it was a sweet 21", but the res was only 600X480? realy low.
so we decide to bump it up a little, 1024X768 should be good.

BLANK.. not a thing. nutting, nodda, zip, zerro, zilch.

whole system hung. guess it coulg not do the res.
the best part there was a guy looking to buy a new monitor like the one we where looking at and the employee could not get the system to display anything.

we laughed and the customer went to another store.

the exact opposite of that would be the computers at the university here...they are protected by DeepFreeze, so the BIOS's are not password protected...you can boot up and change whatever you want to, on reboot, it's back to normal again...:(

update, i fixed it, all thanks to TT120 for providing such a helpful hint.:D uh, i wondering shuld i get ready to move on to the P4 as my next victim.;) that'z right, we got lots of DELL P4 2.0~2, or better yet, switch room, and have some XP love:p

Since this thing probably has a retail HSF, going for max voltage right away wasn't going to guarantee stability. I would have tried for 600@900 at 1.90V. Should do that fairly easily.

Nice.

Moving to Intel Motherboards. :)

Yea, but to get those Dells overclocked, you're gonna have to dig up some spec sheets on the pins controlling it's FSB, and the vid-pin... not to mention open them and REMOVE the crap cooling Dell uses... eh, you're much better off trying that C600 again, or better yet, going straight for the XPs.

That is funny!!! You should OC that thing just like what was said before. Stock voltage with as high of a fsb as can be stabile. You will feal better about yourself. Also..... you can just feal as if you have done your Civic Duty!!! :cool:

Hehehehe pretty funny stuff you did there. I remember when I was young I used to hold the "ENTER" key for like 30 mins waiting for my mom at the library... and people whose tried this knows what happens:beer:

my college (uk 6th form 16-19yrs of age) has a whole load of P£-700's which i know full well are cc0 (i helped install them for lots of money ;)). the temptation is almost irresistible

Back