• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post code 26! I'm in bios hell!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Markyoshi

Registered
Since i received the 38 bios chip my 1.6a has been running fine at 2.2(138fsb) I let the serious sam demo run for a few hours this morning, everything seemed fine. Last time I tried to restart windows hung up at the windows is now shutting down screen. Now when I try to boot I get post code 26. This code is not in the manual - perhaps because it is a new BIOS - post codes are different?

I hope this is a simple fix... but I'm at a loss.

hmmm...

unplugged the bastid and checked all my connections; nothing out of place. Then I shut it off and on a couple of times in a row and the third time it went through . Very wierd...

anyway - I'd still appreciate any info on what this might've been!

Several times I've gotten hung up on incomplete boots with my TH7-II after extreme overclocking attempts too. I don't know what code it was, but I've been able to recover from most of them by unplugging the power cord for about a minute and retrying. The two or three times when this didn't work, I reset the BIOS by moving the cmos jumper, and then was back in business again. Don't forget to redo your BIOS settings, because everything will revert back to default.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
yeah I got it booted back up but I don't know it I hope this isn't a rsult of "extreme overclocking". My temps are really stable, I have my ram set to auto and my agp to fixed 66Mhz. Could it be the PCI bus overclock - that isn't controllable in softmenu - is it relevant?
thanks again.

When the AGP is fixed, the PCI is supposed to be fixed too. Look up at the FSB setting where it says "external clock (CPU/PCI)" it'll say something like 138 MHz/33.33 MHz (the second number is the PCI bus speed).

Markyoshi said:
Since i received the 38 bios chip my 1.6a has been running fine at 2.2(138fsb) I let the serious sam demo run for a few hours this morning, everything seemed fine. Last time I tried to restart windows hung up at the windows is now shutting down screen. Now when I try to boot I get post code 26. This code is not in the manual - perhaps because it is a new BIOS - post codes are different?

I hope this is a simple fix... but I'm at a loss.
what kind of mobo do you have? i was getting that all the time on my bd7, as a result of the kingston value ram, i sent it back to newegg for a refund and have 2-256 sticks of kingmax pc2700 on order. when i get my new processor and ram installed, i will let you know. i think when my system would hang at 26, it was the ram. post later this week on this.:D

Back