• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAMBUS o/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evilted26

Registered
I've decided on using RDRAM for my next machine, and I had some questions I thought you folks could answer. First, I've noticed that many people have trouble getting higher FSB's when using more memory. Any idea why? Is it a heat or voltage thing? Also, I can't decide on ECC or non-ECC. Does one clock better than the other? I plan on doing both a volt-mod, and I'll have 2 delta's blowing in from the side over the memory. I'm using watercooling, and I'd like to hit 150FSB if I can.
HELP!!!

you dont need deltas you could get lower /quieter fans for that to blow across, since ram only generates a few watts of heat. you should get non-ecc ram, it oc's a lot better

RAMBUS by nature operates at higher clock speeds. It has less of a "reserve" in it than DDR does. Also it is a serial interface that can concentrate all RAM activity in a single chip whitch makes it even lass stable than DDR.

Back